CompTIA Security+ SY0-301 Authorized Cert GuideBook Plus CD - 2012
Learn, prepare, and practice for CompTIA Security+ SY0-301 exam success with thisCompTIA Cert Guide from Pearson IT Certification, a leader in IT Certification learning and a CompTIA Approved Platinum Partner. DVD features two complete practice exams and video tutorial solutions to the 25 hands-on labs.
- Master CompTIA’s new Security+ SY0-301 exam topics
- Assess your knowledge with chapter-ending quizzes
- Review key concepts with exam preparation tasks
- Practice with realistic exam questions on the DVD
- Includes complete video solutions to the 25 hands-on labs
Limited Time Offer: Buy CompTIA Security+ SY0-301 Cert Guide and receive a 10% off discount code for the CompTIA Security+ SYO-301 exam. To receive your 10% off discount code:
1. Register your product at pearsonITcertification.com/register
2. Follow the instructions
3. Go to your Account page and click on “Access Bonus Content”
CompTIA Security+ SY0-301 Cert Guide is a best-of-breed exam study guide. Best-selling author and expert instructor David Prowse shares preparation hints and test-taking tips, helping you identify areas of weakness and improve both your conceptual knowledge and hands-on skills. Material is presented in a concise manner, focusing on increasing your understanding and retention of exam topics.
The book presents you with an organized test preparation routine through the use of proven series elements and techniques. Exam topic lists make referencing easy. Chapter-ending Exam Preparation Tasks help you drill on key concepts you must know thoroughly. Review questions help you assess your knowledge, and a final preparation chapter guides you through tools and resources to help you craft your approach to passing the exam.
The companion DVD contains the powerful Pearson IT Certification Practice Test engine, complete with hundreds of exam-realistic questions. The assessment engine offers you a wealth of customization options and reporting features, laying out a complete assessment of your knowledge to help you focus your study where it is needed most. The DVD also includes complete video solutions to the 25 Hands-On Labs in the book focused on key exam topics.
- 2-1 Using Free Malware Scanning Programs
- 2-2 How to Secure the BIOS
- 3-1 Discerning & Updating Service Pack Level
- 3-2 Creating a Virtual Machine
- 3-3 Securing a Virtual Machine
- 4-1 Securing the Browser
- 4-2 Disabling Applications
- 5-1 Port Scanning Basics
- 6-1 Packet Filtering and NAT Firewalls
- 6-2 Configuring Inbound Filter on a Firewall
- 6-3 Enabling MAC Filtering
- 7-1 Securing a Wireless Device: 8 Steps
- 7-2 Wardriving and the Cure
- 8-1 Enabling 802.1X on a Network Adapter
- 8-2 Setting Up a VPN
- 9-1 Password Policies and User Accounts
- 9-2 Configuring User and Group Permissions
- 10-1 Mapping and Scanning the Network