Fashion Illustration Art
How to Draw Fun & Fabulous Figures, Trends & StylesBook - 2014
A savvy fashion-illustration resource, using easy-to-find materials such as acrylic paint and inks, teaches readers the key concepts in anatomy, proportion and balance; how to create useful gesture drawings and paintings; and much more. Original.
A guide for fashion illustration covers everything from assembling tools to mixing skin tones to creating natural looking poses and proper fabric drape.
From the clothes to the pose, here's everything you need to create fierce fashion illustrations.
Create fabulous fashion moments! Drawing on 20+ years of fashion illustrating experience, Jennifer Lilya uses acrylic paint and black ink to show you how to draw the clothes, poses and attitudes behind runway-worthy art. Follow her expert tips, techniques and step-by-step illustrations to draw girls that rock the look, from flirty and fun to strong and sexy.
Illustrated with tons of gorgeous examples, this guide covers everything from assembling your tools and mixing skin tones to the secrets behind natural looking poses and proper fabric drape. Jennifer uses acrylic paint and black ink to create her happy illustrations, and shows you how, too. But you can follow along with markers, pencils or whatever you like! Find out how to:
- Draw standing and walking poses full of attitude and movement.
- Use highlights, shadows and line quality to liven up your illustrations.
- Evoke a variety of facial expressions using loose indications of eyes, lips and noses.
- Create the look of batik, plaid, leather, lace, tweed and other fabrics.
- Pull it all together into complete fashion illustrations.