Everything ScrabbleBook - 2001
A guide for improving Scrabble skills discusses how to maximize scores with bonus squares, make more seven-letter plays, and increase scoring average using two-letter words, and includes a step-by-step guide to board strategy.
Featuring a complete history of the popular board game, an updated handbook for improving Scrabble skills discusses how to maximize scores with bonus squares, make more seven-letter plays, and increase scoring average using two-letter words, and includes a step-by-step guide to board strategy. Original.
Simon and Schuster
For both the beginner and the seasoned pro, this how-to book from the National Scrabble Association offers all the keys to better play:
- Basic board strategies for surefire results
- Turn the enemy -- Q -- into your best friend: a winner's list of Q words with and without U
- Master the terrific "twos" -- a complete list of two-letter words that can boost your scoring average by thirty to forty points
- Maximize your score with bonus squares and parallel play -- including triple triples, the pinnacle of SCRABBLE scoring success
- Make more seven-letter plays -- and earn a fifty-point bonus
- Secrets to getting better tiles
- How to get your words' worth with high-point tiles J, X, and Z
- Words with no vowels
- How the world's greatest players win -- twenty-eight examples of outstanding SCRABBLE play
Featuring a rare interview with the SCRABBLE game inventor, the late Alfred Mosher Butts, this extensively illustrated guidebook covers all facets of the game and worldwide SCRABBLE culture, including the clubs, tournaments, champions and rules, and playing SCRABBLE with children, plus a complete history of the game.
Visit the Naiton Scrabble Association Web site: www.scrabble-assoc.com