The Jigs & Fixtures Bible
Tips, Tricks, and Techniques for Better WoodworkingBook - 2001
Let the "Dean of Home Workshop Writers," R.J. DeCristoforo, show you how to make the most of your tools and your workshop.The Jigs & Fixtures Bible collects the last several years of his popular "Cris Cuts" column from the pages ofPopular Woodworking magazine and supplements them with special tips, tricks and advice.
Through chapters such as "Put the Mortiser to Work" and "Know Your Band Saw," DeCristoforo provides you with a lifetime of invaluable woodworking knowledge, including:
- an overview of the 10 tools that deserve a permanent place in your shop
- the basics of table saw angles
- the best joints for every project and material
- methods for overcoming the effects of warping
- three great jigs for your table saw that can cut circles and even bowls
- advice for getting the best performance out of your band saw and jointer
- directions for building your own band saw and table saw master jigs
- professional handsaw maintenance techniques
- the tricks to making useful and beautiful modular furniture
- and much more!
DeCristoforo writes with a simplicity and directness that makes new concepts clear, while providing you with jigs, guides and ideas to make your work easier, safer and more accurate. You'll learn to expand your power tools' usefulness far beyond manufacturers' specifications and elevate your woodworking to the level of craftsmanship.