Diabetes Cookbook for DummiesBook - 2005
These recipes transform the typical diabetic diet from bland and blah to “Mmmmmm!” and “Ahhhhh!” Diabetes Cookbook For Dummies, 2nd Edition is extensively updated with more than 100 new recipes from great restaurants and great chefs. You’ll discover taste-tempting dishes like Blueberry Almond Pancakes, BBQ Chicken Potato Hash, Beer Braised Pork, Sweet Potato Biscuits, and Chocolate Almond Biscotti. There’s loads of new information about diabetes and the role of diet in managing it, plus:
- Tips on how to fare well with restaurant or fast food fare
- Coverage of ethnic foods, including African-American, Chinese, Italian, French, Indian, Thai, and Mexican
- Info on popular diets, including South Beach, Atkins, Ornish, and others
- Nutrition information and diabetic exchanges for each recipe
- A “visual” guide to portion sizes with comparisons you’ll remember, such as a medium potato is the size of a computer mouse
- The scoop on new artificial sweeteners, including Splenda
- Tips for food shopping, including how to decipher confusing food labels and calculate exchanges
- A Restaurant Travel Guide for 14 cities, including New York, Boston, Chocago, Dallas, Denver, and Nashville
Alan Rubin, M.D. is one of the nation’s leading authorities on diabetes. He wrote the bestselling Diabetes For Dummies, 1st and 2nd editions, and the 1st edition of Diabetes Cookbook For Dummies. While the cooking tips and great recipes will make you think he’s a food guru, the doctor in him comes through. The book includes:
- Updated recommendations for elderly diabetics
- Info especially for pregnant or postmenopausal diabetics
- Ways to promote healthy eating in children
- Exercise advice—just 30 minutes a day protects against the complications of diabetes
With all this information and these recipes, you’ll manage to eat very well while you manage your diabetes!
Baker & Taylor
Presents over one hundred special recipes for diabetics, along with nutrient analyses and advice for shopping and eating out.
With one hundred new recipes, this updated guide to eating right with diabetes presents Atkins and South Beach recipes as well as other diets and dietary concerns for those suffering with this common ailment. Original.