The Concise Atlas of the StarsBook - 2005
Provides background information on stars, constellations, and other celestial phenomena, and depicts the major constellations, with overlays pointing out the most noteworthy stars.
Firefly Books Ltd
A guide to 15 of the most important constellations visible in the Northern Hemisphere. Also includes sections on understanding the universe, the brightest stars and color photos throughout.
An innovative guide to the night sky.
Most casual stargazers and amateur astronomers have limited time to spend on their hobby. Given the choice, they would prefer to spend their time viewing stars and constellations rather than trying to find or identify them.
The Concise Atlas of the Stars uses transparency overlays for the full-page images of the night to identify the stars, nebulas, galaxies and the 15 most interesting constellations.
Each constellation featured is presented as a full-page spread with a transparent overlay. Details include:
- Name of the constellation
- Location, luminosity and dimensions of the main stars and most interesting objects
- Best time of night for observing
- History and characteristics
- Map of the constellation and its surroundings
- Transparency showing the outline of the constellation with its stars
- Full-page night-sky photo of the constellation.
A concealed wiro-binding allows the book to open flat at any page to keep hands free for adjusting a telescope.
Attractively illustrated with clear star maps and spectacular photographs, this book will be consulted again and again The Concise Atlas of the Stars is an accurate and handy reference to the night sky.