Bulletproof Book ProposalsBook - 2006
Three unique perspectives in the publishing process are brought together in a helpful guide that provides a simple ten-step game plan to transform book ideas into blockbuster proposals. Original. 15,000 first printing.
This guide gives a quick and relatively painless ten-step system for writing a proposal with tips on everything from defining your market to choosing a catchy title and selling yourself as the author. It then provides 12 successful sample proposals with critiques from agents and editors. The result is suitable for self-study or the classroom. The only thing missing is the proposal that sold this title. Annotation ©2007 Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)
Write the proposal that gets you published
&break;&break;Is writing a book proposal actually harder than writing the book itself? Not if you have Bulletproof Book Proposals.
&break;&break;In the first part of the book, agent Pam Brodowsky and author Eric Neuhaus simplify the proposal-writing process with clear instructions and exercises that will help you start and finish your own book proposal. With their unique ten-step approach, you'll learn how to:
- Craft an overview that's engaging and to the point&break;
- Conduct a thorough competitive-book analysis&break;
- Define your target market and secondary markets&break;
- Write chapter outlines and summaries
- Discover how to model your proposal by studying a variety of strong approaches&break;
- Find out what really gets editors and agents hooked&break;
- Learn how different formats can be used to best suit your needs&break;
- And much, much more!