Do-it-yourself Plumbing for DummiesBook - 2008
Want to save time, money, and frustration on plumbing repair and replacement? Do it yourself! Plumbing Do-It-Yourself For Dummies turns even the most daunting household plumbing project into a simple, step-by-step process that delivers professional-quality results at a fraction of what you'd have to pay a plumber—and you won't have to wait weeks for an appointment.
From fixing leaks and drips to caulking a tub or shower, to replacing a faucet, you'll discover how to tackle 40 of the most common plumbing jobs in your home. Easy-to-follow, detailed instructions and hundreds of photos and illustrations guide you through each task. And, you'll even discover what surprises to expect and how to prepare for them. This user-friendly guide delivers all the help you need to:
- Understand your home's plumbing system
- Comply with local plumbing codes
- Fill your plumbing toolbox—including safety equipment
- Organize, plan, and prepare for your plumbing job
- Repair and upgrade faucets of all kinds
- Unclog drains, traps, and toilets
- Replace toilet parts and fix leaky tanks and bowls
- Stop toilet tanks from sweating
- Deal with noisy, sweaty, and frozen pipes
- Replace a dishwasher or garbage disposal
Complete with a helpful primer on choosing the right pipes and fittings for your project and understanding your home's supply and drain-waste-vent systems, Plumbing Do-It-Yourself for Dummies is the one tool you must have before starting any household plumbing project.
Baker & Taylor
Provides step-by-step instructions for repairing home plumbing, including such projects as fixing leaky faucets, clearing clogged drains, replacing a showerhead, and soldering copper pipe.