The It Girl's Guide to Blogging With MoxieBook - 2007
Want to break into blogging but don’t know where to start? Dynamic duo Joelle Reeder and Katherine Scoleri of The Moxie GirlsTM show you how to start your first blog, polish your prose, get involved in blogging communities, make sense of RSS feeds, podcasts, photos and more — all with fun, humor and attitude!
Inside you will find the need-to-know info to get your blog noticed: How to choose the right blogging platform or content management tool, select a web host, dress up your blog, manage blog content and keep your privates private! When you are ready for more, The Moxie Girls will treat you to insider dish on blog etiquette, analyzing blog traffic, blogging for business, creating podcasts and adding bling to your blog with plugins, add-ons and more. Throw in the refreshing cocktails, beauty tips and gossip with the Girls at the end of each chapter and you’ll be Blogging with Moxie in no time. So, what are you waiting for?
The IT Girl’s Guide to Blogging With Moxie is packed with the content you need wrapped in casual, engaging dialog and a cheeky, bite-sized format.
- Bargain-blogging with tools such as WordPress®, TypePad®, and Vox
- Choosing a content management system like Expression Engine or Movable Type
- Managing blog content, using tags and moderating comments
- Selecting a professional designer and choosing from off-the-rack templates
- An introduction to podcasting and videocasting
- Finding, joining and managing blog communities
- Protecting your online identity
- Using a blog to better your business
Baker & Taylor
A guide to blogging describes how to create a blog, with information on such topics as blog design, tagging, comments and trackbacks, RSS, photoblogging, podcasts, etiquette, and blog advertising.