Does This Pregnancy Make Me Look Fat?
[the Essential Guide to Loving your Body Before and After Baby]Book - 2009
"How much weight will I gain—and how fast can I lose it?"
"Will my partner still want to have sex with me after watching the birth?"
"How do I handle the know-it-alls, judges, and Space Invaders?"
"Will I end up wearing Mom jeans forever?"
People might tell you you're glowing, but you just feel like you're growing, and perhaps you're not liking—or even recognizing--the changing image you see in the mirror. If you're like most expectant women, you're worried about what pregnancy and motherhood will do to your body, your sexuality, and your self-esteem (even if you don't want to admit it out loud for fear of the Bad Mommy Police). While the journey to motherhood is truly miraculous and brings forth life, it can also bring forth a myriad of legitimate concerns.
Enter beauty activists Claire Mysko and Magali Amadei, who reveal a much-needed forewarning on what to expect from your changing body, as well as a reality check for each stage of your pregnancy, exposing the myths, challenges, and insecurities you'll face throughout pregnancy and beyond—and what to do about them. From candid interviews with more than 400 women and men, as well as their own experiences, Claire and Magali help you discover:
- How you can learn to trust your changing body, appreciate it, and yes…even work it!
- Why you should be wary of the Hollywood "bump watch" and post-baby weight loss stories– and how to take the focus off the scale
- How to deal with your raging hormones—in the bedroom and beyond
- The truth, the lies, and sure-fire fixes for sagging skin, acne, stretch marks, and boobs that continue to defy gravity
- How to recognize when your body issues get extreme—and how to get help
With startling confessions of women's unspoken fears and advice on how to remedy them, this essential compendium of girl-friendly advice will help champion any woman to feel her best about her body, herself, and her role as a mom.