1 : Essential Skills for Academic WritingBook - 2011
Engaging Writing, a newly expanded two-level series, gives students the concepts and skills they need for success in academic writing. Engaging Writing provides clear, step-by-step instruction in the writing process, focusing first on paragraphs ( Engaging Writing 1 ) and progressing to essays ( Engaging Writing 2 ). Engaging Writing fully supports the needs of intermediate to advanced ESL learners.
Features of Engaging Writing 1:
- Well-crafted instructional sequence allows for progressive skill building.
- Appealing themes and topics stimulate discussion and provide ideas for writing.
- Realistic models provide benchmarks for students to judge their own work.
- Guided writing activities show students how to brainstorm, focus, and organize.
- Appendices include a review of grammar and mechanics with exercises.
Together Engaging Writing 1 and 2 feature a solid pedagogical core, using clearly presented and logically sequenced rhetorical, grammatical, and lexical teaching points supported by high-interest activities.