Georgia, Armenia & AzerbaijanBook - 2012
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Georgia, Armenia & Azerbaijan is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Experience the romance of Georgia's past at Tbilisi Old Town, take a long trip to the Svaneti villages, or hear your voice echo in Geghard; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Georgia, Armenia, and Azerbaijan and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Georgia, Armenia & Azerbaijan Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including customs, history, literature, cinema, music, dance, architecture, politics, landscapes, and cuisine
- Over 46 local maps
- Useful features - including Top Experiences, If You Like (activity guide), and Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar)
- Coverage of Baku, Tbilisi, Yerevan, Svaneti, Quba, Kazbegi, Abkhazia, Adjara, Kakheti, Naxcivan, Nagorno-Karabakh, Ismayilli, Samtskhe-Javakheti, the Great Caucasus, Gyumri, Zaqatala, Telavi, Geghard, Lahic, Haghpat, Sanahin, and more
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, John Noble, Michael Kohn, and Danielle Systermans.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012 and 2013 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)
Lonely Planet Georgia, Armenia & Azerbaijan is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Experience the romance of Georgia's past at Tbilisi Old Town, take a longtrip to the Svaneti villages, or hear your voice echo in Geghard.
Baker & Taylor
Offers information on the region's history and culture, and presents ideas for accommodations, transportation, shopping, entertainment, and organized tours.